A Mifgash That Matters
Gather with North American and Israeli educators to experience the Israel of today.
March 18-21, 2024 in Israel
While Israel education has always been an evolving and dynamic field, the events and aftermath of October 7 are so devastating, it is crucial for North American and Israeli educators to experience the Israel of today—firsthand, and together.
We will gather with Israeli colleagues to learn, strengthen each other, and process together this new reality. Together we will explore educational strategies relevant now and into the future.
This initiative is in partnership with The Jewish Education Project and in collaboration with The Jewish Agency for Israel and made possible through generous support from the Jim Joseph Foundation.
1. Meet with and hear from diverse Israeli voices representative of those directly impacted by the events and aftermath of October 7.
2. Explore educational frameworks and potential partners whose work can impact Jewish and Israel education in North America and Israel.
3. Share their experiences about the new realities in Israel with other educators, communities, and learners.
March 18–21, 2024
The Experience will begin at 5:00 pm on Monday, March 18 in Tel Aviv and conclude at 6:00 pm on Thursday, March 21.
All costs associated with the experience in Israel are fully covered.
Participants are responsible for arranging and covering the cost of airfare to and from Israel.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
This experience is for educators who are…
- Committed to deepening Israel education in their community
- Change agents in their institution or community
- Practitioners of serious, meaningful Israel education
- Comfortable grappling with complexity and engaging with perspectives different from their own
- Able to participate in ongoing learning, teaching, and engagement related to Israel education
Upon completion of your application, an iCenter team member will reach out to you with more information and next steps. Participation is by application only, and application does not guarantee acceptance.
Once you have been accepted, you will be asked to book your own flight such that you will join the group at 3:45 PM on Monday, March 18 and your return flight will not depart before 10 PM on Thursday, March 21. Participants are expected to be with the group at all times. Days will be long and include evening activities. If you want to see friends/family while in Israel, please extend your stay so that you can connect before or after the experience.